Reviews of Free iPhone Applications

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Warp Defense

Whoa, it's been a while since writing a review. The good news is I've found a few more fantastic free apps to tell you about.

I can honestly say, most of the time I've been AFK has been spent playing Warp Defense. Warp Defense is a fantastic free tower defense game. I was so happy when it was released because I had grown tired of playing Tap Defense because it has gotten bloated with ads and unnecessary features of the past few updates.


There's nothing super-new about Warp Defense. Towers that shoot far, towers that slow and towers that have a blast radius. My favorite tower which is unlike any tower I've ever seen is the Tsunami Tower. The Tsunami tower is the last tower you are able to access each round. When upgraded fully it shoots a "wave" that goes through enemies and doesn't stop until it goes off the screen... very useful on groups/lines of enemies.


Graphics are nice and vectory. The sound could be a bit better, but I play with it on mute 90% of the time. Oh, and I almost forgot... this game has a crap ton of levels! On top of that, you can play in three different difficulty modes.

This is a definite download for any tower defense fans. It's completely free, not a lite version.


Update: Apparently when I got the app it was just a "Free Event". My apologies... but I'm going to have to break one of my rules here. This game is $.99 now, but I promise it's well worth a buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment